Saturday, June 15, 2013

Utah Foster Care Chalk Art Festival

Well I have just finished my first year and can I just say it was so much fun! Yes I am very VERY sore all over, but it was worth it in the end (and it was for a great cause!). It was amazing how many people were there.  I got some great comments, and my piece was a big hit with the kids. 
Let me just say though it was not all smooth sailing, when I started Friday afternoon I was a nervous mess. When I had checked in and found my spot I saw who I was next to, one of the features artists (he had been asked to be there) and his piece was already amazing which only added to my nerves. I was shaking all over and I must have started over my piece 5 or 6 times. And each time I started over I felt myself getting closer to a breakdown. My mom had to finally just tell me to just get it down and it will all work out (thanks mom). Well after I got it drawn, roughly, and started putting some color down I started to feel a little more relaxed. Thence husband Keith came and started to help me, and that was a major blessing because he calmed me down and he was able to help me get more done so I didn't have to stay super late or come super early. 
 Here's what it looked like Friday night when I called it a day. Thank you Keith for helping out!

 And this is what it looked like after I had been working for a couple hours Saturday morning.
And here is the finished product! I was so excited by how it turned out!

It was a great experience, hard but good. I am sore and my pointer finger on my right hand feels like it has been filed down to the bone. But it has been great! Looking forward to next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment